Friday, November 09, 2007

I am a Busy Bee!

I am! I am! I am so very busy these days! I'm busier than a one-legged man in an ass kicking contest. Than a crack dealer on payday. Than a Mormon at a wife swapping party. Than a ...OK I'm out. You get the picture.

So why am I so busy? Well, my new job is taking up a great deal of my time. I'm learning a whole new curriculum. I've got whole new set of rules, regulations, and policies (ie: bullshit) to figure out. And then there are the personalities of dozens of co-workers as well 18 little rugrats to get to know. Couple that with the fact that I am now in my second class for my graduate degree - A in my first class! - and you can see where I might be too tired to do anything else.

Funny thing about that though. I'm not. Too tired to do anything else I mean. In fact, I have more energy than ever. I have gotten more accomplished this past month when I have had absolutely no time than I did all summer when I had all the time in the world. I'm going out every weekend and finding that I have more friends back here than I even realized. I'm filling my days with things to do instead of lying around waiting for things to happen. I wake up early on my days off because I don't want to sleep my day away. I could be wrong, but I think I have become a productive member of society.

Lucille Ball once said, "If you want something done, ask a busy person to do it." Busy people get things done, which is almost redundant if you read that out loud. This is why I committed to blog every day this month - because I am busier than ever. It's why I will look to finally buy my first home even though I barely have time to breathe, because there is no better time than now. It's why this is the time for me to find that special someone, because I simply don't have the time for someone else - yet somehow I will. It's why I feel happier than I have in a very, very long time.

Life is good when you're a busy bee.

8 comments:

Toby said...

Well, I'll bee. Congrats on your happiness. I know the feeling. Although I'm not so sure I'm as productive as you are. When you buy that home make sure to include a "man room." That's where we go when we're in trouble.

yournamehere said...

People like you kind of freak me out.

Ubermilf said...

Or, you could be in the manic phase of your bi-polar disorder.

Tushie.

Scarlet Hip said...

Toby - shouldn't I actually have a man before I create a whole room for one?

Todd - it's called happiness. You should try it sometime.

Ubie - kumquat!

Murp! said...

I get more done when I have a fresh lighter and my "diplomatic immunity" card.

Valley Girl said...

Congrats on the new job!

Nance said...

Please come grade my papers.

Immediately.

Thank you.

Spinning Girl said...

ooh, i want me somma dat.