Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Desperately Missing Monkey

"I am a Monkey." - from Monkey's Deep Thoughts

It's Monkey Day! You are looking at a photo of my all-time favorite blogger and hapless plush toy, Monkey. This post is devoted to him, his blog, and his enormous hoo hah (more on that later). Monkey has been on haitus as of late, and those of us that know and love him, and his warm and wonderful human, are heartbroken.

I first met Monkey back in the fall. I saw his hilariously polite comments on many blogs that I frequent, and I was intrigued, if not a little attracted. He is a devilishly handsome little beast, as I'm sure you can see. Is it any wonder that I soon found myself on his blog, gobbling up every carefully crafted word, hoping against hope that this little simian would take notice of me?

His human helps him with his writings, as like me, he is fingerless. I knew right then that we had a certain kindship. I found myself reading each and every one of his posts. At first his writings made me chuckle. Then they made me giggle. And finally, they made me laugh out loud. I was hooked. I was a Monkey Groupie. Yes, it's true!

Ahem.

And then, the incredible happened. Monkey mentioned me in one of his posts! His concern for me during my "tango with Wilma" was both touching and sincere. And this wasn't the only time, because we became friends - and Monkey always mentioned his friends in his posts! But wait, there's more! He then made a video for me! Monkey, who is well known for his esoteric filmmaking and velvety speaking voice, read the post that made me laugh out loud more than any other post in the whole wide blogworld - and introduced us all to his enormous hoo hah. We loved him all the more for it.

During this time, I came to know Monkey's Human, truly one of the sweetest and funniest humans this side of Sydney. We found that we had much in common - including a healthy enjoyment of red wine, prolonged stays in Australia in the 90's - and an eternal love for that country and the boys that live there. We had great fun running around the blogworld together and leaving inane and insane comments on each other's and our friends' blogs. We made up ridiculous nicknames for each other. We repeatedly cracked each other up to the point of convulsions. Oh I miss you so, Turkey Twat. I do, I do!

I truly hope that Monkey and his Human come back to the blogging world. You are both sadly missed and greatly loved. Readers, if you have not been to Monkey's blog, you are missing out on something special. Click any link above and enjoy his wonderfully wordy witticisms. Watch his fabulously funny films. Comment on his most recent post and let him and his Human know that the blogworld needs them back. And don't be afraid of the flying feces - it's only poo after all.

In the immortal words of Monkey - Thank you. Please send bananas.

If you would like to read more marvelous Monkey memories, head over to Jiggsblog where there are links to other Monkey friends. Thank you Jiggs, for coming up with this incredible idea. I am just full of alliteration today! Full I tell you!

16 comments:

Mone said...

I really loved this gentle little Monkey too, Brooke. Thanks for bringing bake sweet memories.

Knitty Kitty said...

I miss monkey, my ode is also up

Ubermilf said...

I hope (s)he reads all of these.

I put up a memory, too.

Scumbag said...

monkey e-mailed me when he announced his hiatus. i didn't know what to do, so i just cried. i chose not to share that memory though b/c it was too sad.

flounder said...

I feel like I've missed out on something with this monkey business.

It's sort of how I feel when I hear people discuss 24, Survivor, Desperate Housewives, The Apprentice, etc...

dizzy von damn! said...

i miss monkey very much and i hope that he is happy in an armpit somewhere.

Monkey said...

Dearest Brooke, My Ham Twat of Goodness,

I am so touched by all of this. Calzone told me that I must check the blogs today and I must say, I feel that I have been a bad, bad monkey. I could have let people know that I was deep, deep undercover, but I was too deep to write. I am duly ashamed.

I miss you and still love you. I miss our inanity and your armpit. I hope to be back soon.

Love,
Monkey

Scarlet Hip said...

I actually squealed...squealed I tell you...when I saw your little picture on my comments. I was like a little girl at a boy band concert. Monkey is back!!! Monkey is back!!!

I'm all veklempt now. Talk amongst yourselves.

jiggs said...

yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bill said...

Don't be fooled by imposters!

ChickyBabe said...

For a second there I thought you were writing about Egan!

Sandra said...

Thanks for the link -- I hadn't monkeyed around (sorry, had to) before, but glad I got to!

egan said...

ChickyBabe, it's a fellow simian. I'm the less imaginitive half.

Spinning Girl said...

Waaaah!
snif
snif
snif

babyjewels said...

I will send bananas!

Hypersonic said...

my bananas are brazilian and the sweetest of all. I have some new train info for monkey's boy so I shall be going over there next week.