Sunday, April 02, 2006

Tagged, I'm It

Jill tagged me with this very cool music meme. I am to answer the following questions using only the song titles from a chosen musician/band. Here goes -

Band: The Eagles/Don Henley

Are you male or female? Witchy Woman

Describe yourself. The Girl From Yesterday

How do some people feel about you? Damn It, Rose

How do you feel about yourself? I Will Not Go Quietly

Describe your ex: Wasted Time

Describe your current significant other: Already Gone

Describe where you want to be: Shangri-La

Describe how you live: Take It To The Limit

Describe how you love: Heartache Tonight

What would you ask for if you had just one wish? A Month Of Sundays

Share a few words of wisdom: You're Not Drinking Enough

Now say goodbye: Take It Easy
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
And now, because Jill is such an overachiever that she did this meme again with yet another band, I feel compelled to do the same. And being that I'm from Jersey, it would be sacrilege to not include The Boss.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Musician/Band: Bruce Springsteen

Are you male or female? Jersey Girl

Describe yourself. Land Of Hope And Dreams

How do some people feel about you? She's The One

How do you feel about yourself? Born To Run

Describe your ex: Brilliant Disguise

Describe your current significant other: Nothing Man

Describe where you want to be: One Step Up

Describe how you live: Countin' On A Miracle

Describe how you love: My Love Will Not Let You Down

What would you ask for if you had just one wish? The Promised Land

Share a few words of wisdom: You Can Look But You Better Not Touch

Now say goodbye: Fade Away

I tag whoever reads this meme and wants to do it.
Oh, and Jill, this is for you.

29 comments:

JillWrites said...

You have just made my night. THANKYOU!

Bill said...

I've seen this meme and I've thought f doing it. If I do, I'll likely use Bruce too.

Because I'm anal this way, I feel the need to add that while Bruce does Jersey Girl it was written and performed by Tom Waits, who does the best version on his album Heartattack and Vine.

But I like Springsteen's version too.

"Sha la la la, la la la,
Sha la la la
I'm in lovewith a Jersey Girl ..."


I love that song.

flounder said...

I would have been very upset with you if The Boss hadn't made an appearance in that post.

The version of My Love Will Not Let You Down on the NYC live CD is the greatest recorded live performance of any song I have ever heard. (Except maybe Jersey Girl on the 75-85 Live CD, but that was more for the crowd than the song)

Scarlet Hip said...

No, thank you!

Bill - as a rabid Springsteen fan, I am insulted that you would think I didn't know that Tom Waits wrote Jersey Girl. However, Waits may have written it, but it is a Springsteen song - no doubt about it. And the best version of it is when Bruce sings it live - anywhere, anytime.

Olaf - sha la la la la...sorry, I'm still in Jersey Girl mode.

Flounder - that song gives me chills. And there is no way I could have done this without including the Boss!

Anonymous said...

Much better than my attempt would have been. I probably would have done the meme using Depeche Mode, and my answer to Describe how you live would have been “Shouldn’t Have Done That.”

See? Yours is much better.

Sysm said...

Springsteen (particularly the headband era) hasn't held up for me over the years. But there are still a couple of his songs that stick with me. "One Step Up" (there's a great cover here by Gregson & McCollister), "My Beautiful Reward", and "If I Sould Fall Behind."

For the Eagles, the song "I Can't Tell You Why." What a great soul song.

Modigliani said...

Wow - who's Josh?!

I wonder how he would answer this meme?!

jiggs said...

this is a cool meme. Unfortunately, I don't really care for the eagles. Sorry. I hope I didn't break your heart.

Spinning Girl said...

I like the music memes.

Thérèse said...

How do you feel about yourself? I Will Not Go Quietly


If I didn't already, for this sentence alone I would love you and write sonnets about your... nose.

Anonymous said...

I like this one. I should totally do it. I probably won't though...

babyjewels said...

that was a cool meme.

thephoenixnyc said...

I would have insreted Rosalita in there somewhere for you.

Daphnewood said...

I wanna steal this meme but I am not creative enough to think of so many songs from one band. Very cool Miss Brooke

Ubermilf said...

I don't like the Eagles, either.

But I still love you!

egan said...

I don't like memes in general, but I do love you Brooke.

Anonymous said...

Great meme. Since you're too lazy to actually tag anyone, I did it myself... can't believe you didn't use the band I did!!

:)

Christina said...

I love this!! And I love Bruce. Double good post.

ChickyBabe said...

I want what Jill is having!

dizzy von damn! said...

witchy woman?

are you a good witch, or a bad witch?

egan said...

I'll have what ChickyBabe is having.

Scarlet Hip said...

Lynn - If I did Depeche Mode I'd answer everything with Personal Jesus.

Sysm - Springsteen hasn't held up? I'm not sure I understand the language you speak.

MoMo - how hot is he? Ridiculously so.

Jiggs - don't care for the Eagles. I'm not sure I understand the language you speak.

Spin - me too.

Therese - I love that. And nose rhymes with rose - so it will be an excellent sonnet.

TF - typical man.

BJ - I thought so too. Now you do it.

Daphne -that's what google is for.

Tumbleweed said...

That is too cool!

Scarlet Hip said...

Phoenix - I thought about that song too. Oh hell, I thought about all of them.

Ubie - yeah, but you like polka music so it's ok. And I love you anyway too.

Egan - you know you want to do this meme.

TRM - I don't even have to look. You're just doing them because you think it will help you in your quest to get Jon in bed.

TRM - I strive for double goodnesss!!

Chicky - he is dreamy yes.

Miss K - depends on who you are asking.

Egan - copycat. Homo.

Scarlet Hip said...

Weedie totally snuck in there! Cool, now you do it too!

Sandra said...

Ooh...totally need to do this one...

jiggs said...

You know if the eagles prevented us from being friends, that would be a whole new reason for me to dislike the eagles.

mernitman said...

oooh, oooh, oooh. admirable post. you know i want to do this, too...
maybe gonna tweak it, but any day now...

~d said...

Awwww-sweeet!
Yeah, I am kind of itching to do another one too: thinking about
Prince
The Smiths
They Might Be Giants

Probably will not get around to it, though!
AWESOME!